Update from Network Rail at the Parish Council meeting 21/05/14
Overall, good progress is being made on the off-bridge works for reinstating Fulscot Road to its new profile. Specifically the works in hand at the moment include:
- Steel sheet piling on both the north and south side approaches (to support the raised road alignment) is substantially complete and we are now beginning to place the embankment fill material to build up the new road profile on the south side
- Once piling is complete, the next steps will be casting the concrete capping beams on top of the pile walls. These will carry the new vehicle incursion barriers;
- Good progress is also being made on installing the anchors and piles to support the south side bridge abutment;
- Commenced the regarding and reinforcement of the embankment slopes on the approaches to the bridge;
- Progressing with casting the new third span (north side, carrying Fulscot Road over the road access track into Moreton Cutting alongside the railway);
- The design for the modified parapets has been submitted to Oxfordshire County Council, as part of an overall submission, and we are awaiting their response.
- NR will send a progress update to the Parish Council Clerk every two weeks
- Further information on project progress in Oxfordshire can be found at http://www.networkrail.co.uk/great-western-electrification/oxfordshire/ South Moreton Parish Council will continue to update this site with information as it is received.