Update from Network Rail:
We continue to make good progress at Fulscot Road. Over the last two weeks the major works are as follows:
- Capping beam to sheet piles ongoing on northern approach.
- The laying of the new stone fill material to the embankments is now complete.
- Northern approach re-grade for soil nails complete (to enable nails to be installed to allow opening of road)
- Soil nail installation recommenced for southern approach.
- Augured piling started behind southern abutment
- Approx 50% BT ducting installed within northern approach
- Approx. 30% of sheet pile ties installed on northern approach
We are still on target for opening the road by early September 2014.
Continue reading “Fulscot Bridge Update”
Road closures affecting services 95 and 131
Due to the closure of Dunsomer Hill and High Street it will not be possible for service 95 to serve North Moreton from MONDAY 23 JUNE UNTIL SATURDAY 28 JUNE INCLUSIVE. A free shuttle bus operated by Oxfordshire County Council’s Integrated Transport Unit will provide a service between Didcot and North Moreton at the following times: Continue reading “Bus timetable during road closure”
Have your say on where new housing should be distributed in South Oxfordshire
People living and working in South Oxfordshire are being urged to have their say on where additional homes that may need to be built in the district to 2031 should be located.
A new evidence study on housing shows that there is a need for between 14,500 and 16,500 new homes in South Oxfordshire in the period 2011 to 2031. This is between 3,900 and 5,900 homes more than had already been planned for in South Oxfordshire District Council’s Core Strategy, a fifteen year plan which was adopted in December 2012.
South Oxfordshire District Council needs to test the extent to which this need can be met and look at where these additional homes, along with the associated infrastructure, should be built, Continue reading “New housing – have your say”