Temporary Traffic Regulation Order – S14 Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Road Closures – at North Moreton – Sands Road, Dunsomer Hill, High Street and ong Wittenham Road
In the interests of public safety it will be necessary for Oxfordshire County Council to close the roads as detailed above in order to facilitate carriageway maintenance works.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) is being made to implement the temporary closures and will operate from 23 June 2014. The estimated duration of the works is 15 days ( Closure 1 – 5 days) and (Closure 2 – 10 days). Continue reading “Temporary Road Closures – at North Moreton – Sands Road, Dunsomer Hill, High Street and Long Wittenham Road”
Update from Network Rail at the Parish Council meeting 21/05/14
Overall, good progress is being made on the off-bridge works for reinstating Fulscot Road to its new profile. Specifically the works in hand at the moment include:
- Steel sheet piling on both the north and south side approaches (to support the raised road alignment) is substantially complete and we are now beginning to place the embankment fill material to build up the new road profile on the south side
- Once piling is complete, the next steps will be casting the concrete capping beams on top of the pile walls. These will carry the new vehicle incursion barriers;
- Good progress is also being made on installing the anchors and piles to support the south side bridge abutment;
- Commenced the regarding and reinforcement of the embankment slopes on the approaches to the bridge;
- Progressing with casting the new third span (north side, carrying Fulscot Road over the road access track into Moreton Cutting alongside the railway);
- The design for the modified parapets has been submitted to Oxfordshire County Council, as part of an overall submission, and we are awaiting their response.
- NR will send a progress update to the Parish Council Clerk every two weeks
- Further information on project progress in Oxfordshire can be found at http://www.networkrail.co.uk/great-western-electrification/oxfordshire/ South Moreton Parish Council will continue to update this site with information as it is received.
Continue reading “Fulscot Bridge Update”
South Moreton Village is proud to announce the launch of its new website.
The site is designed as a place to find out local news and information on village events, a handy source of useful contacts and information as well as a place to discuss and share life in the village.
The site is aimed for regular use by villagers and as such would welcome any feedback, both positive and negative, any feature requests or any content that should be added.
Content will be added over the coming weeks before the official launch.
Anyone wishing to contribute, either on a one off or a more permanent basis would be very welcome.
Please go to the discussions section to detail any comments or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.